- How much do cemetery plots cost?
Cemetery plots at the Taylor Cemetery are $500 per plot. Tax payers residing in the taxing district are given a 50% discount.
- How do I purchase a cemetery plot?
Cemetery plots may be purchased by contacting the cemetery sexton, click here to contact the sexton.
- My departed relative owned cemetery plots. I would like them transferred to my name. How do I do that?
The cemetery board considers plots to be familial property, thus ownership is passed along throughout the generations. If you desire plot ownership to be transferred,the cemetery requires a notarized letter from each of the surviving heirs relinquishing their rights to the burial plots. Click here to be directed to the form, and initiate the transfer process.
- I would like to sell my cemetery plots to someone else. How do I do that?
Cemetery plots may be sold with the approval of the cemetery board. Click here to contact the cemetery board.
- I live outside the taxing district. Can someone living inside the taxing district purchase cemetery plots at the discounted rate, and then transfer them to me?
No. Fraudulently obtaining cemetery plots in this manner is a crime.
- Can I decorate the graves of a loved one?
Absolutely. We encourage the modest decoration of graves for loved ones. We ask that decorations remain conservative in nature. Decorations placed during the summer maintenance season must not interfere with cemetery maintenance (mowing the lawn, watering, etc.). Decorations or adornments that are found to be interfering with this policy will be removed and disposed of without prior notice. See also: winter time decorations.
- When are flowers removed from a newly interred person?
During the summer maintenance season, flowers are removed from newly interred graves 7-10 days after the burial. Winter weather and other conditions may necessitate a change in normal flower removal time.
- When are flowers and adornments removed following the memorial day holiday?
The entire cemetery will be purged of memorial day decorations the Monday following the memorial day holiday. Absolutely every decoration that is not fully contained within the base of the headstone, or has the immediate potential to become airborne will be removed and disposed of.
- Is the cemetery responsible for decorations?
No. The cemetery will not be held liable for damaged, mission, stolen or otherwise injured decorations, headstones, personal items left at graves, etc.
- What kind of decorations are permissible?
Decorations and adornments should be modest, and inexpensive. Items left at graves can, and often are, stolen by other patrons. However unfortunate this is, the cemetery has no way of policing this behavior. In addition,
- What are the guidelines for winter time decorations?
In the winter time, (November 1st – April 1st), decorations may be placed anywhere on the grave. Decorations not removed or brought into compliance with the summer policy by April 1st, will be removed and disposed of.
- I found a grave that has sunken, and needs to be repaired. How to I notify you of this?
Click here to complete a maintenance request.
- I would like access to cemetery records. How do I obtain them?
Click here to contact cemetery staff, and explain your request.
- I would like to work at the cemetery. How do I do this?
The cemetery contacts with Barefoot Management for all operations. Click here to be directed to their website.
- I would like to know where someone is buried. How do I obtain this information?
Click here to access the cemetery directory and map. Please note, the directory is updated several times a year.